Where electrical and electronic technologies converge
The SIO8.20 is designed with Bedrocks patented Black Fabric™Cybershield protection built in from the start. Its combination of capabilities and benefits are unprecedented against typical DCS or PLC offerings, including:
- Reduced Footprint, via 20 galvanically-isolated DO channels delivering one of the highest possible density of channels per inch for optimization of rack space.
- Programmable Electronic Fusing. Each of its 20 channels are electronically fused to a programmable threshold up to 1 amp per channel.
- Overcurrent Retry, which enables programming a channel to latch off and retry during overcurrent.
- Failsafe Output, which protects the module if communication with the controller fails, directing output to a configured fail-safe value or holding it at last known value.
- Extreme Hardening and Long Life, thanks to a pinless backplane Interconnection andsealed all-metal construction, protecting against extreme temperature EMI and EMP in compliance with the highest military standards.
- Scalable Redundancy, with user-selectable single/dual/triple redundancy.
- Extreme Digital Performance, with a 32bit Secure ARM and an additional microcontroller on each of the 20 DO channels, to deliver unparalleled speed and diagnostics.
- Integrated Support of IEEE 1588 time precision protocol enables SOE synchronization with +/- 0.5mSec accuracy on all channels.
Control application developers can integrate all such features for discrete, hybrid and continuous control applications using the Bedrock IEC 61131-3 compatible engineering environment, which can be downloaded free on their website.